A swiss ball, is a ball constructed of soft elastic with a diameter of approximately 35 to 85 centimetres (14 to 34 inches) and filled with air. Swiss balls are great for you to train with at home or in a PT studio, it is a ball so all you have to do is pump it up
Here are the the top benefits of training with a swiss ball: * Good for upper body, lower body and core training
* Improves balance, even just sitting on a swiss ball engages the key stabilisers, the abdominal and back muscles.
* Great for active sitting. Active sitting using something like a swiss ball, creates an unstable surface to sit on, meaning the body has to correct itself against gravity constantly.
* Increase flexibility, the swiss ball is ideal for stretching and offers additional options to traditional static stretching.
* Improve muscle strength and endurance in all of the major muscle groups. A swiss ball can improve muscle tone, increase muscle endurance and strength.
* Great for rehabilitation or using during pregnancy
* Increase calorie burn during and after workout
KBPT personal trainers can teach swiss ball routines for you to do at home/outside. KBPT trainers can also incorporate swiss ball training into your personal training programme.