It does what it says on the tin. You’ll get stronger. But you’ll also tone up, improve your balance and get a good mood boost.
What is strength training?
Strength training involves lifting weights, working with resistance bands and various other exercises. It’s not just about building muscle mass, it’s about improving your overall health.
Why do you recommend strength training at KBPT?
Our KBPT personal trainers use functional kit including dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, ViPRs and TRX with our clients. We’re fans of strength training as part of your personal training programme because it:
• Increases lean muscle, which you lose with age
• Stresses your bones, increasing bone density and reducing the risk of osteoporosis
• Increases your metabolism to help you burn more calories
• Develops better body mechanics – improves your balance, coordination and posture
• Helps with weight loss
• Is useful for managing chronic conditions, such as arthritis, back pain, obesity, heart disease, depression and diabetes
• Helps to increase tone – say goodbye to those bingo wings!
• Enhances your quality of life by improving your ability to do day-to-day activities
• Boosts your energy levels and improves your mood