Have you injured yourself while running or playing sport? Got an ongoing medical issue such as arthritis, high blood pressure or hypermobility? Getting over an illness, accident or operation? Rehabilition training can make a massive difference to your recovery.
What is rehabilitation training?
It’s really important that you do the right kind of exercise during your rehabilitation. Your workouts need to be gentle, gradual and in line with your doctor’s or physio’s recommendations. Working with a personal trainer is a great way to make progress.
What is the KBPT approach?
Your recovery might feel like a long and frustrating road but we promise, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and our KBPT trainers will get you there. Our personal training programmes for injury rehabilitation and illness include:
• Working closely with your physio (or recommending a local physio if you don’t already have one) so that your physiotherapy and personal training work hand in hand
• Keeping you active even if your injury is preventing you from doing your normal exercise regime – doing something is always better than doing nothing
• Creating a bespoke personal training programme whether you’ve hurt your back, knees, shoulders, hips or ankles
• If you’ve had an operation, building a gentle exercise plan to get you back to full fitness
• Motivating you when you’re feeling like enough is enough (we know rehab can be really tough...)
• Giving you nutritional advice so you don't gain weight while you can’t exercise fully
• Helping you with flexibility so you don’t overcompensate and get tightness in other parts of your body while your injury is healing