They are so versatile! Can be served warm over salads or vegetables. The patties can be stored in the fridge up to a week or stored in the freezer for a month.
Ingredients: ( makes about 20 patties)
- 2 and 2/3 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup gluten free whole grain breadcrumbs (or regular)
- Roast 1 eggplant and 1 pepper at 180 degrees ( for 20 minutes)
- Combine the quinoa, eggs and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the onion and cheese. Stir in the bread crumb. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes so the crumbs absorb some of the moisture.
- At this point, you should have a mixture you can easily form into 20 thick patties. You want the mixture moist, however you want it to hold together when cooking. You can add more bread crumbs to firm up the mixture, if needed.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat, add 5-6 patties, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until the bottoms are deeply browned. Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and cook the second sides for 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the skillet and cool on a large plate while you cook the remaining patties. Add more oil to the skillet if needed between each batch.
- Serve on a bed of spinach accompanied with roast veggies and tzatziki YUM!