Coronation Turkey Sandwich *
2 small red onions, finely diced 50ml vegetable oil
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
40g golden raisins
40 mango chutney
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1 tsp ground coriander
1 small bunch coriander, chopped Cooked turkey meat, shredded.
1. Gently cook the onions in the oil on a low heat.
2. Just before they start to colour, add the spices and cook out gently for 2
more minutes. Allow to cool.
3. Soak the raisins in boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain and cool.
4. Mix the spiced onions with all the other ingredients, season and taste.
5. Serve on crusty bread or rolls with extra chutney and sliced cucumber.
* Chris & Jeff Galvin,The Green Man, Essex.The Times Magazine 3rd December 2016