This chickpea and spinach curry recipe is taken from the Buddhist Chef, an awesome resource for vegan cooking, if that’s your cup of tea! If not feel fee to add chopped chicken breast to satisfy those meat cravings!
200 g short grain brown rice (rinsed)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
100g baby spinach
- Cook rice according to instructions
- In a large frying-pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, tomato paste, crushed red pepper, maple syrup, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in chickpeas and baby spinach.
- Continue cooking another 5 minutes. Serve on rice and garnish with sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes.