Apricot, Ginger & Cashew Energy Balls *
Makes 12 portions
100g unsalted cashew nuts
20g sesame seeds
80g dried apricots
20g puffed brown rice or puffed quinoa 4cm piece of ginger
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
2 tablespoon manuka honey
- Remove 40g of cashews and blitz into a fine dust in a food processor, then decant onto a plate.
- Place the remaining cashews and sesame seeds, apricots, puffed rice in the processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger, add the mixed spice. Blitz again until finely ground, the add the honey.
- Add a little more if needed to bind. It takes a while for the mixture to come together, be patient.
- With wet hands, divide into 24 and roll into balls,
- dropping them into the ground cashew dust as you go.
- Shake to coat, storing them in the excess dust until needed.
- They will keep happily for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
* Everyday Super Food : Jamie Oliver 2015