We’ve got used to spending even more of our lives on our screens in recent months and the way we keep fit is no exception. With gyms closed and limits on outdoor exercise for much of the lockdown, personal trainers, yoga instructors and others have taken their classes online.
Here at KBPT, we’ve been offering virtual PT for several years so all our trainers know what makes an effective online training session. You can train with us via Skype, FaceTime or Zoom and you get the same fantastic benefits of our face-to-face training – without having to leave the comfort of your own home!
Including your weekly KBPT session, we recommend that you do 3-4 workouts each week, so why not make the most of the growing number of online workouts?
Check out @livetraintimes on Instagram – (no, it’s not going to tell you whether the 12:15 from Hackney Wick to Hampstead Heath is on time ;-)... instead, it provides details of all the Insta-live training workouts in one place, including barre, HIIT, pilates, stretch and yoga classes
Visit Shape.com for a list of fitness apps that have been reviewed by their editorial team
For dance classes taught by instructors who have worked with Beyoncé, J-Lo, Rihanna and other A list celebrities, follow @seenonscreen.dance on Instagram
If you’d like to keep fit with your kids, check out the #PEWithJoe workouts on YouTube
...and don’t forget to follow @KBPT on Instagram so you can get all our tips and tricks about your fitness, nutrition and general wellbeing
KBPT’s online training checklist
1. Invest in some basic equipment, such as a yoga mat, some hand weights and a kettlebell (your KBPT trainer will be able to advise you)
2. Get there early – try to be ready 10 minutes before your session starts and do some warm-up exercises
3. Create the right environment – open a window, position your screen at the right level, grab a towel
4. Stay hydrated by having a bottle of water close at hand while you’re working out
5. Don’t hit the shower straight after your session – take 10 minutes to do some static stretches to protect yourself from injury
To find out more about KBPT’s online PT sessions, email [email protected]