1. Strawberry and banana smoothie combine two scoops of protein with banana and strawberry slices and either milk or water, depending on the length of your workout. Long, intense gym sessions require the extra calories and protein milk provides.
2. Dried fruit is great for a quick an easy good pre-workout food, fix yourself some dried berries, apricots, figs, and pineapple. Dried fruits are a good source of simple carbohydrates that are easily digestible, so grab a handful.
3. Cucumber sticks with hummus go well together. Cucumbers contain cucurbitacin E, a compound that may have anticancer effects. Hummus is made from chickpeas, olive oil, and garlic which reduce inflammation and may improve heart health.
4. Kale chips seem naughty but are incredibly healthy as kale is loaded with fibre and antioxidants like quercetin and kaempferol. These compounds decrease blood pressure and may reduce risk of colon cancer.
5. Red pepper and guacamole is super delicious and easy to make at home. Red bell peppers are extremely healthy. Although all bell peppers are nutritious, red varieties are particularly high in antioxidants. They are also rich in vitamin C. Avocados offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving they are also low in sugar and contain fibre.