Foodie Friday: Peas, spinach & tomatoes
Foodie Friday: Warm up this weekend with this roast butternut squash stuffed with quinoa, feta, pine nuts, olives and loads of healthy veggies.
- 1 Medium sized butternut squash.
- 80grams quinoa (cooked according to packet, or for ease use ready-cooked)
- 100 grams feta
- 2 small carrots grated
- 2 peppers chopped
- 100 grams chopped olives (I mixed green and black)
- Bunch of chives, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 100 grams toasted pine nuts.
- 100g mushrooms chopped.
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- Toast the pine nuts on a baking tray for 5-10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Turn the oven up to 200 c
- Cut the squash in half, remove seeds.
- Score the squash and place in a baking tray/dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes scatter the peppers and mushrooms around the squash, drizzle with olive oil and roast for a further ten minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make the stuffing. Add the pepper and mushroom when they have roasted for 10 minutes.
- Stuff squash generously. If your squash only had a small for stuffing hollow out some extra space and add the excess squash to your stuffing mix. Roast for a further ten minutes.
- Serve over a bed of spinach.
Left over stuffing will make a delicious salad for lunch tomorrow. Serves 2.