Foodie Friday: The beginning of Autumn brings a need for warming, grounding food. This simple roast pumpkin soup will hit the spot. Perfect for lunch with a lovely chunk of bread.
500g pumpkin or squash
1 large onion finely chopped
500ml vegetable stock
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Remove skin and seeds from the pumpkin and cut into bitesize chunks
- Place on baking tray, drizzle with oil, salt pepper and sprinkle over spices
- Roast at 180 for 1 hour or until soft
- Sweat the onion in a little oil until soft, add the baked pumpkin pieces, chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Blend until completely smooth. Check the seasoning and drizzle with olive oil and parsley to serve