Vegeree not Kedgeree *
150g brown basmati rice 2 large eggs
4 chestnut mushrooms 3cm piece of ginger
1 fresh red chilli
1/2 small bunch of coriander
2 spring onions
medium curry powder
100g ripe cherry tomatoes
100g frozen peas
100g baby spinach
2 heaped tablespoons fat – free natural yogurt
- Cook the rice according to the packet & add the eggs for the last 6 minutes for a soft boil.
- Quarter the mushrooms & cook in a dry pan on a medium heat.
- Peel the ginger & deseed the chilli, saving a few slices of chilli for the garnish.
- Finely chop the ginger, chilli, half the coriander leaves & the stalks.
- Trim and slice the spring onions. Push the mushroom to once side and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan.
- Add the chopped ginger chilli, coriander, spring onions & 1 1/2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Stir fry for 2 mins, add the tomatoes, peas & spinach leaves.
- Stir in the rice, cook for approx 4 mins and then add a squeeze of lemon and season to taste.
- Peel & half the eggs, add them & garnish with coriander leaves, chopped chilli, dollop of yogurt sprinkled with curry powder.
* Everyday Superfood : Jamie Oliver 2015
* KBPT Recipe Twenty Three : 13th January 2017