Another Christmas must have!!
- 75 g Currants, Average
- 75 g Sultanas,
- 115 g Raisins, Seedless, Average
- 50 ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume
- 75 g Cherries, Glace, Average
- 75 g Flour, White, Self Raising, Average
- ½ Tsp/1½g Cinnamon, Powder
- 50 g Breadcrumbs, Average
- 50 g Sugar, Light Muscovado,
- 1 Tsp/2g Lemon, Peel, Raw
- 1 Tsp/2g Oranges, Peel, Raw
- 115 g Apples, Sliced, Average
- 115 g Carrots, Grated,
- 1 Tbsp/10ml Juice, Lemon, Fresh
- 2 Egg/112g Eggs, Medium, Average
- 60 ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
- 2 Tbsp/40g Molasses, Average
- 60 ml Brandy, 37.5% Volume
- First of all soak the dried fruit in the brandy overnight.
- Shake the cherries in the flour and add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs, sugar and gravy browning.
- Mix in the grated zest, apple and carrot along with the lemon juice. Add the soaked fruit.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and molasses, slowly add to the mixture, stirring well. Mix gently but thoroughly.
- Place in a 1.2litre ovenproof dish. If you wish to microwave the pudding,
- place an upturned plate over the dish and microwave on high for 5
- minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then microwave for a further 5 minutes. if you wish to steam the pudding, cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3hours.
- Once cooked allow to cool and then wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
- Before reheating, prick the pudding several times and pour some more
- brandy over the top. Steam for 1-2 hrs or microwave on high for 10mins.
Nutritional info per serving: 219.6 cals, 3.7g protein, 1.8g fibre, 1.6g fat, 42.7g carb, 3.3g alcohol
Serves 10, Cook 20 mins