We all want to enjoy a piece of Christmas Cake at Christmas so here is one that isn’t too naughty!!!
- 5 ml Oil, Sunflower, Average
- 120 g Treacle, Black
- 120 g Margarine, Average
- 3 Serving/168g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Average
- 150 g Flour, Plain, Average
- 5 g Five Spice, Powder, Sharwood’s*
- 120 g Sultanas, Average
- 120 g Raisins, Seedless, Average
- 120 g Currants, Average
- 120 g Cherries, Glace, Average
- 2 Tbsp/30ml Sherry, Medium
- 1 Tbsp/6g Oranges, Peel, Raw
- Grease an 18cm(7in) cake tin with the sunflower oil, line with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 2/150°C
- In a large bowl beat together the treacle and margarine. Gradually adding the eggs, pinch of salt and mixed spice. Sift the flour and add also.
- Add the dried fruits, cherries, sherry and zest and juice of one orange. Fold in gently.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface, making a slight dip in the centre.
- Bake in the oven for approx 2/2.5 hours. Place a piece of greaseproof paper over the top if it becomes too brown.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes. When cool wrap in foil or greaseproof paper and store in an airtight container.
Serves 18, Cooking Time 2-2.5 hrs
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 188.6 cals, 2.6g protein, 0.9g fibre, 6.9g fat, 29.4g carbs, 0.2g alcohol