Potatoes make a great base for soups since they boil down to make a thick and creamy consistency. Add a handful of chopped leeks, and a sprinkling of herbs and seasoning and you’ve got a simple, quick to make “old favourite”.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 450g Leeks, Sliced
- 450g Potatoes, Diced
- 500ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 500ml Water
- 1 tsp Herb Cubes
- Heat the oil and gently fry the onion leeks and potatoes for 3 minutes
- Pour in the milk and 500ml water, add the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables, reserving the liquid in a jug.
- Blend or liquidise the vegetables, then blend in the liquid.
- Reheat gently, adjust seasoning and serve.