Chocolate and raspberry swiss roll
Calories per serving 130.
serves 8 slices.
75 g (2 3/4 oz) caster sugar
75 g (2 3/4 oz) plain white flour
25 g (1 oz) cocoa powder
2 tablespoons boiling water
2 drops vanilla essence
for the filling
150 g pot of low fat raspberry fromage frais
100 g (3 1/2 oz) fresh raspberries
1 teaspoon icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.
2. Line a 23 cm x 28 cm (9 inch x 11 inch) Swiss roll tin with non stick baking parchment.
3. Using electric beaters, whisk together the eggs and caster sugar, until the mixture is pale and foamy.
4. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl, and, using a metal spoon, carefully fold this in with the water and vanilla essence.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, shaking the tin gently to level the surface.
6. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the sponge is just springy to the touch.
7. Sprinkle a sheet of non stick baking parchment with A little extra caster sugar and then turn out the sponge on to it.
8. Peel away the lining paper and using the clean sheet as a guide, roll up the sponge – enclosing the paper
9. Allow the Swiss roll to cool for 1 hour
10. Carefully unroll the sponge, spread it with the raspberry fromage frais and scatter over two thirds of the raspberries.
11. Roll it up again and lay it on a serving platter
12. Dust with icing sugar and decorate it with the remaining raspberries.