Do you wanna shed a few extra pounds and finding it hard to lose weight?
Well I thought if I gave you a few tips then it might help you get on track….
Write down what you are eating – if you actually look at what you are eating you may be surprised. You may think you are eating ok but if you write everything down (including alcohol) you may be surprised what is actually going in.
- Swap fatty snacks for healthy snacks – there is loads of snacks you can eat which are far lower in sugar and better for you than crisps, chocolate, biscuits and cake!
- Do you measurements. It is so motivating to see those inches going down. Defo take measurements before you start and then every three/four weeks.
- Keep an item of clothing from your biggest. Great to put it back on and see and feel how big it is.
- Tell people you are loosing weight, it is great to get the support from others. Also harder to give up if you have told everyone you are doing it!
- Eat good carbs – swap white for brown – pasta, bread…
- Don’t starve yourself. If you are going to a party and you know there is going to be treats there ensure you are full before you go so you are not tempted to eat more than one treat.
- Don’t let yourself get hungry. Be prepared and have your food for the day planned. If you are hungry when you go food shopping or if you skip a meal you will want twice as much later on!
- Set yourself goals and then give yourself rewards when you reach them – nothing like a like treat to yourself once a month to keep you motivated.
- Take photos. Pop on your underwear or swimwear and take some pics and then take them as you get smaller.
- Get unhealthy food out the house. If you have it there you will eat it – throw it out and replace with healthy snacks.
- Get eight hours sleep a day, sleep stops the build up of cortisol, the stress hormone which can lead to excess weight.
- Watch your portion size – even if you are eating the right foods don’t eat too much. Girls don’t keep up with boys, they can eat more than girls!!
- Bin the fizzy drinks. Defo unwanted calories in there. Stick to water and save your drinking calories for a cheeky glass of vino!
- Don’t be overly restrictive. If you don’t allow yourself any of something the chances are you will over indulge cause you couldn’t have any. Just do it in moderation.
So good luck. If you have any questions on these tips or need a hand give me a call.