Trainer Spotlight: Mia Wilkinson
Wanna start exercising and need a few tips? Here are some that might help.
- Get a decent kit. You need some good trainers. Bad trainers can cause injury. You also want to be comfortable when you train and a good kit will allow you to be comfy and let you sweat without getting soaking. I buy most my sports stuff from Nike, they have everything all under one roof. It’s wicked http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1292/2521.php. I buy my trainers from The Sweat Shop though they analyse your running technique and make sure that you get a shoe that suits you http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/
- Make sure you select some of your fav tunes for your ipod. Listening to music is a great way to make the time pass quicker when running or walking.
- Set yourself achievable targets. Make sure you know what exercise you should be doing and write out a plan for the week, how you are going to fit it in etc. If you don’t plan it you will find it a lot harder to stick to it.
- Look at your food. You need to make sure you are eating the right food and getting your five a day, what you put in will help what you put out. It helps to write down what you have eaten to see where you are at. If you do a weekly food shop you will be able to stick to what you decided to eat, again it is all in the planning.
- Do exercise that you enjoy. If you don’t like an exercise try an alternative, you will find things you enjoy. The more you enjoy it the more you will want to do it.
- Treat yourself. Say to yourself if you achieve something then you can have something for a treat. This will then motivate you to keep going so you can have your next treat.
- Put out your clothes the night before. If you have everything ready then it helps you get out the door rather than giving yourself an excuse that you haven’t got enough time to gather together your kit.
- Do it with your friends. Exercising with people is fun whether it be your friends or a class it is motivating doing it with other people. Makes you less likely to cancel too as you don’t want to let someone down.
- Take measurements. More accurate that weighing yourself as muscle weighs more than fat.
So I hope some of these tips help you out.
Good luck x