Have you ever tried banana bread? It is so yummy! Here is a recipe for you, it is a good healthy snack to have mid morn or mid afternoon and great to take into the office to share instead of a box of doughnuts!!! Happy baking!
The recipe uses gluten free ingredients and makes a quite dense, moist banana bread that is simple to make and not too sweet. The riper the bananas, the more sweet the banana bread will taste.
PREP TIME: 25 Min
COOK TIME: 45 Min
READY IN: 1 Hr 10 Min
* 150g gluten free self-raising flour or rice flour
* 50g butter
* 3 tablespoons rice bran
* 1 tablespoon black treacle
* 2 heaped teaspoons gluten free baking powder
* 2 medium ripe bananas
* 1 medium egg
* 100ml cranberry juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line the bottom of a small loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease the sides with butter.
2. Sieve the gluten free self-raising flour into a medium mixing bowl. Add the baking powder and rice bran and mix well.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix together the butter, egg, black treacle, cranberry juice and bananas. Mash the bananas with a fork and make sure everything is well mixed together.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in stages, mixing well as you go. You should end up with a smooth, thick batter when you are done.
5. Put the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for around 45 minutes or until a knife comes out of the middle of the loaf completely clean.
6. Remove the tin from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin and placing on a cooling rack to cool fully.